Denise Appleby, APA, CISP, CRPS, CRC®, CRSP, is adept in all aspects of retirement planning with special expertise in IRA rules, regulations and strategies for mistakes prevention.
Denise’s special expertise is her proficiency in and knack for explaining complex retirement plan rules and regulations so that they are easily understood, particularly the intricacies of IRAs. Denise has extensive experience with training the staff and financial advisors of many broker-dealer on retirement plans related topics, creating a demand for her to speak at various conferences and seminars around the country.
Denise is founder and owner of Appleby Retirement Consulting, Inc, a firm that provides IRA tools and resources for financial and tax professionals. Denise’s wealth of knowledge in retirement plans led to her making appearances on CNBC’s Business News and being quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, CBS Marketwatch’s Retirement Weekly and other financial publications, where she gave insights on retirement planning.
With over fourteen years of experience in the IRA and defined contribution plans fields, Denise held several senior retirement plans related positions with Pershing LLC, which includes Vice President of Retirement Plans Products and Services, Retirement Plans Manager, Trainer, Training Manager, Compliance Consultant, Technical Help Desk Manager and Writer.
While with Pershing, Denise served as a member and firm representative of the Security Industry Association’s (SIA) Retirement and Savings Committee and has spoken at their Savings & Retirement Symposium , which is attended by financial services professionals from a variety of fields, including marketing , sales, legal, operations, and strategic planning.
Denise, a Rutgers State University graduate, holds the following professional certifications:
- Accredited Pension Administrator (APA), National Institute of Pension Administrators, Chicago IL
- Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP), Institute Of Certified Bankers, Washington DC
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS), College of Financial Planning; Denver CO
- Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC), International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE)
- Certified Retirement Services Professional (CRSP), Institute Of Certified Bankers, Washington DC
Denise received several recognition awards for outstanding job-related performances, including Pershing’s Leadership Awards for significant contribution to the development of system rules engine and policies & procedures for changes effected by new tax laws and the Outstanding Representative Award from New York Metropolitan Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals.
Denise has also written over two hundred articles for many newsletters, including the Pershing LLCs SixtySomething, Pershing LLC’s “The Pershing Press”, Ed Slott’s IRA Advisor and www.Investopedia.com
With her experience, interests and qualifications dedicated to retirement plans, Denise has co-authored the following three books on retirement accounts:
– Roth IRA Answer Book, Published by Aspen Publishers. TheRoth IRA Answer Book, Sixth Edition, provides an up-to-the-minute tutorial on this subject for a wide variety of professional markets, including pension consultants, insurance agents, financial planners and investment advisors, plan administrators, lawyers, and accountants, as well as businesses that promote, market, service, or provide technical support to retirement plans, products, and related services.
– Quick Reference to IRAs,Published by Aspen Publishers. TheQuickReference to IRAsprovides attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and consultants – along with their clients – with the essential facts and advice regarding the planning, implementation, and administration of IRAs.
– Adviser’s Guide to Retirement Plans for Small Businesses, Published byAICPA. The Adviser’s Guide to Retirement Plans for Small Businesses is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to offer strategic advice about retirement plans. In 30 chapters, you’ll find discussion of statutory requirements, the legal structure of various plan types, as well as detailed information on plan design, establishment, monitoring, administration, correction of failures, and termination.
Denise is also an editor, providing technical editing services for books, newsletters , articles and other material on retirement plans and retirement planning. Books edited by Denise includes Quick Reference to IRAs by Gary lesser and Don Levy-2003; SIMPLE, SEP and SARSEP Answer Book by Gary Lesser and Susan Diehl Ninth Edition, “Parlay Your IRA Into a Family Fortune” (Viking; 2005) by Ed Slott.
Read summary transcript articles of presentations by Denise Appleby included in recent issues of Retirement InSight and Trends.
Most Requested Presentations
What attendees of Denise’s presentations have said
“She clearly described situations and was sure to include warnings about possible problems. Her presentation style and delivery pace were well suited to the materials. I not only learned from this but also enjoyed it.”
~Natalie Choate, Esq.
Have Denise Appleby speak at your event!
Please contact us today via email or phone 847-686-0440 x102 if you would like to have this or other speakers present at your conference or appear at one of your events, or to receive a free voucher to view a sample of one of our speakers’ work.