Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, is a leading voice on retirement planning for the middle mass and mass affluent markets. She is the Director of Education & Research for the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE), whose purpose is to increase the retirement readiness of the American worker through professional retirement certification and continuing education, and the Managing Member of the International Retirement Resource Center.
With close to $6.5 trillion in IRAs and the average 401k balance at $224,000 for those around age 60, there are a lot of people who need retirement decision-making help!
Betty Meredith is a retirement planning education design expert with over 25 years experience creating, producing and publishing application-oriented live, elearning, print and audio education and training for retirement professionals, employees, and consumers. Her specialties are:
- Retirement income and planning professional development CE programs
- Creating, producing and publishing application-oriented live, elearning, print and audio retirement and financial planning education and training for consumers, employees and advisors
- Participation in applied research studies that help advisors more productively and profitably meet the retirement preparedness and income management needs of clients and employees
- Financial & retirement readiness literacy education
Betty Meredith has 30 years experience in financial services, over twenty of those years in employee, client, and professional retirement education with major financial services companies and employers. As InFRE’s Director of Education & Research, Betty oversees incorporation of research findings and best practices into InFRE’s retirement certification study, newsletter, and professional continuing education programs in order to help retirement advisors and counselors more effectively meet the retirement preparedness and income management needs of clients and employees.
As Managing Member of the International Retirement Resource Center, Betty brings retirement planning and income management training to retirement professionals in the public and private sectors.
Betty Meredith is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®), and Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®). She earned a B.S. in Finance from Wayne State University.
Betty is a long-time member of the Society of Actuaries multi-disciplinary Post Retirement Needs and Risks committee, the Profit Sharing/401(k) Council of American (PSCA), International Foundation for Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP), the CFA Institute, the Society of Financial Services Professionals, and other professional associations.
Betty regularly participates in applied research studies with the Society of Actuaries, LIMRA, Mathew Greenwald & Assoc, Texas Tech University and other organizations. Best practices are then incorporated into InFRE’s retirement certification study and the IRRC’s professional continuing education programs in order to help retirement advisors and counselors more effectively meet the retirement preparedness and income management needs of clients and employees.
View brief YouTube clips from recent Retirement
Resource Center webinars including Betty Meredith’s
Betty Meredith is co-author along with Kevin Seibert, Managing Director of InFRE, of the professional education series on Managing Retirement Income. She is also the Editor of InFRE’s Retirement Plan Administrator Series and Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC) Study Guides. She is the editor and a contributor to the popular quarterly newsletter about retirement readiness, income management, planning, concepts and trends, Retirement Insight and Trends. She is the author of three books:
- Controlling Your Financial Future (Self-study book, licensable workshop, elearning course)
- Securing Your Financial Future (Self-study book, licensable workshop, MP3 and workbook)
- Finding the Right Financial and Legal Advisors for You (Self-study workbook)
Betty Meredith has also authored and/or appeared in dozens of consumer and employee retirement and financial planning education programs and publications since 1989, such as:
- Featured in Robert Powell’s USA Today column: “What should a soon-to-be retiree do with their 401(k) savings?”, USA Today, June 3, 2015
- Numerous articles in the Journal of Financial Planning
- “How Prepared is the Retirement Industry for Meeting the Needs of Retiring American Workers?”, Financial Services Review, September 2008
- Retirement Readiness NOW, US Federal Govt, and Retirement Readiness NOW, Benefits Officer Training, US Federal Govt
- Please see Betty’s LinkedIn profile for an exhaustive list.
Most Requested Presentations
Betty Meredith has been a regular speaker at national conferences for public and private sector employers and financial services firms on retirement education, retirement income management, and retirement readiness since 1994. Topis include:
- December, 2011: What consumers want to know about retirement security, Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement (WISER) 2011 Symposium
- November, 2010: Outsourcing Education Development, NPEA Annual
- November, 2008: Trustees as Leaders in Financial and Retirement Literacy, IFEBP Annual
- April, 2008: Framing the Issues: Retirement Income Questions Individuals Need to Answer, The Retirement Industry Conference, Hosted by LIMRA, LOMA, SOA, and ACLI
- April, 2008: The Role of the Employer in Helping Employees Transition to Retirement Income,” LIMRA, LOMA, SOA, and ACLI The Retirement Industry Conference
- February, 2008: Retirement Income Management Suitability: What your client understands – meeting the training challenges for advisors
- October, 2007: Three Keys to More Effective Participant Education, SOA Annual Meeting
- October, 2007: Retirement: Unraveling the Mystery and “Financial Education in the WorkPlace” Society of Actuaries Annual Meeting
- September, 2007: Preparing Future Workers for the Retirement of the Future, PSCA Annual
- April, 2007: Framing the Issues, Retirement Industry Conference, hosted by LIMRA, LOMA, SOA, and ACLI
Have Betty Meredith speak at your event!
Betty Meredith is an experienced speaker and keynote presenter on topics pertaining to retirement and the aging Boomer population.
Please contact us today via email or phone 847-686-0440 x102 if you would like to have Betty present at your conference or appear at one of your events, or to receive a free voucher to view a sample of one of our speaker’s work.