Teach your customers and qualified leads what they need to know for retirement in the 21st century.
The purpose of using education to market your brand is not to make the initial sale, but rather position your brand as a thought leader in the industry.
Education-based retirement marketing also embraces that brands engage in creating educational content targeted towards their audience in order to guide leads through their sales funnels.
We can help you design and/or administer a professional development series that will help your association or chapter members, advisors, and independent distribution partners have broader, deeper, and more holistic conversations with clients in live, rebroadcast and recorded formats on either our Citrix platform or yours.
We recommend speakers for you based on topics from your current and prior conferences or chapter meetings.
- We can help you book just one speaker, or custom design a webinar curriculum series with conference-quality, intermediate-knowledge level presentations, delivered by leading retirement planning experts and pre-approved by you, in live and recorded formats.
- We contract, communicate with, and manage speakers to produce your desired outcomes.
- We will provide you with an email draft to use in promoting each presentation.
- Sessions can be pre-approved for CFP, American College PACE (CLU, ChFC, RICP, CASL), CRPC (College for Financial Planning), CRC (InFRE), ASPPA continuing education credits (CE), or other financial designation CE. CPA CPE approval is in process.
- IRRC will handle or work with your team to collect registration information and metrics required for awarding CE (i.e., tracking when an attendee signed in, signed out), distributing the session handout, evaluation, and provide customer service in general.
- A CE certificate per course per person can be provided and reported to the CFP Board; individuals with all other designations listed above will be provided a CE certificate upon successful completion to be used for self-reporting their CE.
21st Century Retirement Topics and Speakers
Retirement income planning has changed a LOT since 2000 due to new research and thought leaders such as David Blanchett, Wade Pfau, Steve Vernon, Curtis Cloke, Michael Falk, Jamie Hopkins, Shelley Giordano, Brad Breeding, Denise Appleby, Bob Mauterstock, Lili Vasileff, and others. All these speakers are available through our Retirement Speakers Bureau.
Today’s retirement education should consider content from the following categories.
Speakers Who Help PLAN for Spending
- Planning for purposeful retirement; transitioning to retirement
- Planning for successful/healthy aging (financial gerontology)
- Planning retirement expenses by retirement phase (early, mid, late)
Speakers Who PROTECT the Plan from Risks
- Strategies for addressing the risk of living longer than expected
- Strategies for protection from health and long-term care costs
- Strategies for protecting loved ones and beneficiaries from early death of primary earner
- Strategies for protecting clients and yourself from financial elder fraud
Speakers Who PROVIDE Strategies for Optimizing Resources
- Strategies and products for closing retirement income gaps
- Retirement income strategies
- Social Security and Medicare strategies
- Strategies for retirement income tax planning
- Home equity strategies that protect managed assets.
Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®
has a 35-year career in the retirement industry during which she has either presented or helped influence content for over 100 national retirement conferences. She was the Director of Education and Research for the Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) program, has participated in dozens of retirement research projects, has authored several books for consumers and advisors, and is the publisher of Retirement InSight and Trends. She was the Task Force Chair of the 2020 Financial Planning Association annual conference and has long-standing relationships with today’s top retirement experts, and has provided event content planning for dozens of financial services companies.